We never know which day in life will be our last. I intend to make the most of each one.
Monday, August 1, 2011
I'll write you a letter.
The definition of a pastime is "something that amuses and serves to make time pass agreeably : diversion". One of mine this summer is writing letters. It is somewhat of a "lost art" don't you think? I was a little doubtful that I would have anything more to write than the obvious, knowing that many of my friends & connections read my Facebook & blog & I theirs...quite the opposite! So many other things...deeper things come out when penning each word about my life's happenings (or inquiring about theirs). I enjoy the use of adjectives, am more creative in describing events, weather, or circumstances...putting more skill into the format of my letter as well.
I don't know why, but I have always liked making my own cards to write upon...one person's scraps are my treasures. It is much like crafting a masterpiece for each recipient--brings me much joy. So, if you would like to know what I mean, try writing one yourself or ask me to write you:)
Labels:
Pastimes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I loved the card you made for me. It was like a journal or a book. And it read the same way...which was lovely. Card making is also one of my favorite things to do. Have you noticed that "crafting" is a great stress-relief?
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear it & yes a stress-relief even though it takes severe concentration (ironic).
ReplyDeleteDad and I absolutely LOVE the birthday cards you make us and hope this tradition will never get lost. They are greatly valued because we know how busy you are. Each one is a gift. Do you still have that card stock book we bought long ago in California in Target? Hope to tuck one in my bag for Chile next round. We also love calls...
ReplyDeleteI used up that card stock a long time ago! Maybe I'll buy some more with the target gift card.
ReplyDelete