Monday, August 1, 2011

Living in the sprawl

It is amazing what kind of influence music can have. It stirs up & it calms down. What I like most is when it inspires & for some reason I find driving at night must partner with music's trance. Maybe I find it romantic, surreal or time-halting. Cities are good for this.  I especially like when Jeff drives & we listen to arcade fire (the one band who has satisfied us with every album) because we fly over the road. Lights streak, windows melt & wind frees your hair.

Favorite Sprawl II lyrics:

"...late at night the feelings swim to the surface"

"Cause on the surface the city lights shine
They're calling at me, come and find your kind
Sometimes I wonder if the world's so small
That we can never get away from the sprawl"

"...someone please cut the lights"


"We rode our bikes to the nearest park
Sat under the swings and kissed in the dark"

"And like a mirror, the city lights shine "

1 comment:

  1. Driving late at night, with my sunroof open, blasting music, and singing at the top of my lungs is one of my favorite things to do. One good reason to commute :)

    ReplyDelete