Thursday, August 18, 2011

Mouth-watering Manjar

Manjar, is a milk caramel sauce commonly used in Chilean desserts. It is made from sweetened condensed milk. All you have to do is remove the label from a sweetened condensed milk can, place the can in a pot, cover it with water, & boil for two hours.

Boiling the can longer will produce a darker & thicker manjar. Both kinds are great. I discovered that my manjar (boiled 2 hours) was perfect for dipping green apples in! Try it!




5 comments:

  1. Love this idea! I'm going to try it. On low heat? High heat? Should it be boiling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I post this to "pinterest" or is this blog still invite-only?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad I have piqued your interest, friend. Keep it on high heat so that it boils the entire time. Now, I don't believe I understand what posting to "pinterest" is?...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really know how it works yet, but someone just invited me. It's basically a site where you can "pin" what you like (a recipe, a picture, a craft idea) and post it to your "bulletin board" and your friends can see it. I'll invite you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't mind if you post this recipe to that...& please do send the invite:)

    ReplyDelete