I am a little sheepish about having been addicted to two shows this summer: Expedition Impossible & So You Think You Can Dance. The reason being...I don't ever want something to be a master over me (besides Christ of course). Watching T.V. can be all-consuming, but when seen in moderation it can galvanize one's thoughts, ideas or aspirations. So, I didn't like the "reality" aspect of either, but loved the adventure, culture, and art in both. All that to say I am happy I saw them & that they ended well. Do you ever wonder what will happen to the winners?
I think of how fame might affect them, their families, and their social orbit. Based on interviews, it seems like Melanie Moore has a strong conviction to stay humble and not let fame control her. The team Modern Gypsies, on the other hand, are taking advantage of their place in the spotlight by promoting charity opportunities. How much control will they really have though? How would someone like them keep the attention/accomplishment from going to their heads & how much privacy will they lose? The famous will always keep me musing.


Fame and money have ruined alot of people....I think about it everytime there is an announcement of a "winner". Nice to hear the one group was doing it for charities. Would be awesome to see how many you could help if the winnings came your way somehow. It´s been on my mind ever since the 33 miners have been touring everywhere, given lots of money, gifts, interviews, movie, book deal, ...then they come back to Chile and all but 2 are SUEING THE GOVERNMENT OF CHILE.....hello????
ReplyDeleteThat is a real shame. The Chilean government helped get them out of the mine in the first place!
ReplyDelete