Thursday, August 18, 2011

Woodland Coasters

One thing Jeff & I did not think to put on our wedding registry is drink coasters. So, in an effort to preserve the kitchen table my dad refurnished, I have tried my hand at making some. It was difficult to decide how to decorate them.

I have recently become fond of forest animals due to the movie Fantastic Mr. Fox & book Watership Down.  I found online sketches, printed them out & Mod Podged them to tiles (which I purchased at Lowe's for 19 cents/tile). I added felt circles (2 dollars for a pack of 20) to the bottom of each so that they will not leave skid marks.

So, below you will see: A fox, a rabbit ( which reminds me of Fiver, a character in Watership Down), a barn owl, a bear, and a chinchilla (an animal native to Chile). I am happy with the end result & only hope they are as functional as they are attractive. We'll see...








3 comments:

  1. Those will look beautiful on your table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They came out SO NICE!! I hope they work great....tile should be perfect. Someone gave us some decorative coasters with sites from Chile, but one stuck to a glass that was sweating and it dropped and broke on the tile. Hope you have much better luck...just beware to see if they stick to a glass when picked up.

    ReplyDelete