Friday, July 22, 2011

A Conversation with the Living God

Our community group at church is studying Habbakuk, a book of the Bible in which a prophet asks God hard questions & God answers. God's answers, however, are difficult for Habbakuk to accept. I really appreciate the prophet's approach:

"...I will keep watch to see what He will speak to me, and how I may reply when I am reproved" (Chp 2:1)

Habbakuk prepares his heart for the Lord's response. How often do I purpose to do that? Habbakuk sees the wickedness of Judah & asks: Why? The Lord says he will use the Chaldeans, a more wicked nation, to punish Judah. God reminds Habbakuk that He has the ultimate control over these nations:

"For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea" (Chp2:14)


"But the Lord is in His holy temple. Let all the earth be silent before Him." (Chp2:20)

What an awesome God to serve! One who does not tolerate wickedness & injustice.

1 comment: